Sunday, January 6, 2013
My last day before I start school again. Sigh... I was having so much fun in my sewing room. I have been working on a new skirt for my Etsy site. It is made from an old tablecloth I had in my hope chest. It had a hole in the middle and I decided to just tear it open all the way. I decided to fold the torn part over to make a little apron and do a little painting and applique. I think it looks pretty nice. I have been making most skirts wrap around but I decided to do this one with an elastic waist.
So here it is. I had the most fun! I used a fabric dye to do some painting and an old cotton table cloth for the skirt. I figure it will need to be washed in cold water and no dryer from now on.
Here is the finished skirt.
Here is a close up.