Sunday, May 12, 2013

Upcycled Elegant Black Velvet Dress

This was soo much fun to make. I found this elegant stretchy black velvet long dress just begging for some up-cycling. It took a while for it to talk to me and tell me what embellishments it wanted.

Here is a close up of the top.


I added a pretty black lace train on the back that can either stay long or be attached at the shoulders for a different look.

My camera of course messed with the color and made the lace look almost purple.. trust me, it's black.
And one more look just for good measure...
I really need to lose weight. I would love to be able to wear my own creations....

Keep sewing!

Bunny

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lunakki Lee, thank you! It is a fun dress.
      There are more pictures in my Etsy story. A friend of mine's daughter modeled it for me.

      Delete
    2. I meant store! Autocorrect had its way with me.

      Delete