Sunday, September 27, 2015

Yay, it's done and a bit artsy if I do say so....

So today was one of those days in the sewing room. I actually knocked over my big pin box. Think those small little see through boxes and add 3 more. All over the floor and I didn't have a magnet anymore. Sigh.

However my flea market purchase of a very old but sturdy Singer serger was a success.  It works great!  It is unfortunately set at a tiny binding hem. So I had to use my Huskylock on this sweater. It usually bogs down and I end up with a terrible mess. But today it behaved and sewed the sleeves of this sweater perfectly!

So obviously I figured out the sleeve problem. I had this large heavy cotton shirt and the sleeves were perfect! This really was a fun project to make and took me out of my comfort zone. I literately just took the scissors and cut up the front. I had no idea how I was going to fix it.
If you didn't check out my past post... here is my last picture.

I almost left it as a vest. But winter is coming. So sleeves it is.

So here is the finished product.


This is on a plus size manikin size 18/20. Looks pretty good (except for the leaning). I tried it on and I'm a size 16. It looked pretty awesome. It is all cotton and would be prefect over a t-shirt or other shirt. The sleeves are just a heavy cotton. Not a soft flannel. But I love it anyway. I will be adding it to my Etsy store soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!


No comments:

Post a Comment